Thursday, March 27, 2008

Football news..

Thursdays mean flag football practice.. Taggert & Troy came home with news that Taggert has been made the Redskins' quarterback.. I believe the quote from the coach was that Taggert was a "natural athlete".. At Riley's practice, we experienced some technical difficulties.. he kept complaining about his brand new cleats.. he said they were too tight (which, they seemed to be). I blamed it on the fact that Troy likes to buy little boy shoes in their exact size- rather than a size up.. throughout practice Riley complained about his left shoe.. at one point he was limping.. near the end of practice he was almost crying.. finally, he came to me and wouldn't go back on to the field. I took off his shoe and there was a definite crease on his big toe.. several of our neighbors have kids on the team, and they listened as I shared about Troy and shoes.. how he's going to have to take these shoes back.. and on.... then I saw it, the large wad of paper shoved up in the toe of the shoe... Steve couldn't reach for the phone fast enough to call Troy (he didn't get him).. Riley & I came home and shared the story, with me, ready to admit how I was wrong for jumping to the conclusion that it was Troy's fault.. before I could finish the story, Troy said "on no! I forgot to take all of the paper out of his shoes.. I should've checked that".. see?... it was Troy's fault... ; )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - another "blogger" on board. I love it and it will be so fun to stay in touch this way. Love you all ....Laura