Monday, August 18, 2008

A sick day...

I worked from home today to stay with my little guys & their upset tummies.. with just the three of us here, I noticed a couple of consistent traits throughout the day..
Taggert is my little pleaser.. to keep them busy while I worked, I asked them to draw me some pictures.. Riley drew whatever he wanted, no matter what I asked for.. but Taggert wanted to draw exactly what he thought I might want, asking clarifying questions to be sure.. he's been that way since he was very small.. he has an independent spirit, but always checks to make sure it's acceptable..
And then there's Riley.. my little loverboy... Taggert is right on the bubble where extra hugs & kisses may be just a little too much.. but not Riley.. anytime any two people are hugging in our house, Riley shouts out "group hug!" and comes running over at full steam, as if he might be missing out.. then he squeezes with all his might, not letting go until he gets a kiss.. and pleaser Taggert reluctantly holds on until Riley feels he's gotten enough hugs..
there's no doubt these little traits won't last, but until then I'll try and soak up every moment..

No comments: