Friday, May 30, 2008

Ladies Night with Sex & the City..

Ever since it was announced that there would be a Sex & the City movie, Carol and I have talked about going, and kept each other updated with any movie news we would come across.. an alert went out to the street, and last night 4 of us packed our purses with snacks & cocktails to head off to the movie theater..
flashback to earlier in the afternoon, which found me at two liquor stores, only to discover two empty shelves where cosmo mix usually is.. everyone stocking up to celebrate the movie that made cosmos famous perhaps?.. not sure, but luckily, I located a bottle I didn't know I had when I got home.
Carol, Mandy, Jamie and I headed up to the theater a full hour early, along with many other women.. we picked great seats, with plenty of time to catch up & share laughs..
the movie.. it was a-w-e-s-o-m-e.. For Carol, Jamie and I, long time fans of the show, it was satisfying and emotional- we all had teary eyes for most of the 2 1/2 hours (which seemed like 30 minutes).. For Mandy, I was happy to see she was able to get in to after never really watching the show (but how is that she has missed it all these years??)..

No comments: