Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mr. Mark update #1...

thanks to those who have offered to donate to Mr. Mark.. there's no doubt he will put it to good use & be incredibly grateful.. as am I..
when I offered to write a letter on his behalf, I asked him if he knew any other parents... he knew of one family that might be interested, but only knew the little girl's name.. I mentioned it to Taggert, and he knew the little girl's teacher.. I emailed the teacher, who connected me with the mom, who happens to be very active in the PTA.. she had not realized Mr. Mark had been terminated & was also upset.. she knows several other families who feel the same about Mr. Mark & know the impact he had on our children.. she believes they, too, will write letters on his behalf.
additionally, she knows some people who may be able to give him a job- someplace close to where he lives so he can ride his bike, since he is unable to drive.. I called Mr. Mark to share this possibility and really caught him off guard- he had a hard time speaking for a moment.. everyone cross your fingers.. : )

No comments: