Wednesday, April 23, 2008

readers of this blog...

One of the counselors in Taggert's after school program has been terminated.. in my opinion, and the opinion of some other parents, undeservedly so.. I have written to the YMCA Board of Directors and executives for the program, and am waiting to hear something at this point. I'm writing this because, this is a good man… truly..

Without a doubt, Mr. Mark was there for the kids.. he was kind, not only to Taggert and the other kids there, but to Riley as well when we would pick up Taggert. he was one of the only counselors that was always playing with the kids, not chit-chatting with the other counselors.. and the kids loved him.. I think it was partly due to his kind & overflowing heart, and partly due to his slow & unsteady demeanor, the result of a closed head injury brought on by a tragic car accident years ago. he talks slow and walks even slower, which makes it easier for the kids to keep up…

Because of his differences, it's hard for him to find employment… and times have gotten a little tough for him now. Mr. Mark has not had many breaks in life, so I am hoping that his luck will change.. but, in the words of Anderson Cooper, "hope is not a plan"..


soo.... I would not be writing this if I did not strongly believe he was a good person, deserving of our love and support… therefore, if you feel so inclined to get involved, please let me know if you are interested in donating something to help him with living expenses… or, if you have any ideas to share on ways to help Mr. Mark along.. even still, share my information with someone you think could help... anything is appreciated..


We are helping on our end and I'd welcome any other support available... anything or nothing is fine, absolutely no pressure at all.. it's just that this has weighed heavy on my heart for the last week, and I wanted to put it out there.. I appreciate you taking the time to read this.. just another opportunity for us to count the blessings we all have..

No comments: