Saturday, April 12, 2008

owing The Man...

so I decided that I'm going to stop paying someone to do our taxes and learn more about our finances.. I pulled out our old H&R Block packet & used it as a guide as I spent about an hour and a half completing our taxes on TurboTax..

sad to say, TurboTax told us we will be owing an additional $5516 in taxes this year... yuck.. we spent about 7 minutes trying to figure out why we owe this year instead of getting a refund like every other year, but ultimately we said "oh well", and moved on...

for $29 H&R Block will check your work... I figured what's another $29 on top of $5516, so I went down there.. after 6 1/2 minutes, Earl tells me we are getting a $300 refund.. after their filing fees, it's actually $25, but hey, it's better than my results.. sold!

needless to say, my accounting career has come to an end... : )

No comments: