Thursday, June 12, 2008

turning a corner..

For part of the summer, Taggert is attending a daytime summer camp... It's a great place that reminds me of the summer camp Tommy & I went to as kids.. It has everything- swimming, kayaking, archery, hiking, sports, competitions, and so on.. This is Day 4 of Taggert coming home completely worn out- tonight he even layed his head down at the dinner table.. a clear sign he is having a boatload of fun..
This morning Troy took Taggert out to the campground (as opposed to the bus) and walked him to the archery site to join his group.. they were barely in sight of the group when Taggert stopped, turned to Troy and said "Dad, let's stop here and do this so I won't be embarrassed". He gave Troy a big hug & then ran to join his group.. Troy promptly called me at work & we had a little moment together.. my little 2nd grader is growing up too fast..

No comments: