Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Don't drink the water?? coffee?? tea?...

I'm happy to say I made it home safely from a 5 day conference in Savannah... The town is beautiful, the conference was great & everything was going well, until yesterday.. sometime after lunch, people started disappearing... at first, I thought they were just skipping some of the final sessions to do a little sight seeing.. then, at the final dinner, I noticed entire tables being empty... where was everybody?...
It didn't take long to learn that people at the conference had gotten sick.. horribly, violently sick.. that's what they would say about it when they would tell you in their wide-eyed, intense description.. and it didn't stop.. all night long.. in all, out of a little over 200 people, 64 people got sick, with 4 having to go to the hospital (one via ambulance)... it appears to have begun directly after our luncheon & just continued on...
I am thankful I didn't get sick, but pretty much everyone else I know did.. it was sad to see how poorly the hotel responded.. no one expected them to admit to any food poisoning, but they weren't even kind about people having to check out late because they couldn't get out of bed, or the for the many requests they received in the middle of the night for Pepto-Bismol.. let me know if you ever plan to go to Savannah, and I'll be sure to tell you where not to stay... ;)

No comments: