Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Faux part II...

After little boy tears & a trembling chin, I suspected there would be no way we could get Taggert to wear his hair in a fauxhawk again.. We didn't want to push him to do it, but we wanted him to feel confident enough to not let these other kiddos influence him.
This morning we talked about it again, and then he didn't say anything for awhile..... right before Troy left for San Antonio, Taggert asked him to fix his hair... they fixed it with only a slight spike in the middle & then Troy left for the day..
I told Taggert how great his hair looked & how proud I was of him for not letting those other kids get to him (part of me wanted to mention how their parents must have been raised in a barn to have kids with such bad manners, but I refrained)... we were headed out the door when Taggert stopped & said, "can you make it bigger?".. success!! we ran into the bathroom, I grabbed a bunch of mousse & got it as high as I could. what a great way to start the day.. it's so crazy, because he's only 7... there's no doubt these little speedbumps will only get bigger as he gets older.. now where did I put that owner's manual?....

3 comments:

Insider said...

Sara,

I talked to Taggert with Troy last night at Jungle Java and we told him NOT to let the jealous guys influence him. We just need to support his decisions.

Mom can say all she wants but the neighborhood dudes need to let him know he is cutting edge.

I married a moaowk chick!

Boyz3Mommy said...

WHAT a cutie. Yes, I agree with Insider...those guys are just jealous their parents aren't as cool as Taggert's and won't let them have cool mohawks!!!

Ginger said...

Good for him. That is sooo cute.