Thursday, July 10, 2008

If you have some time to kill...

Oh.. my.. goodness... I read about this website & decided to check it out... and then, time stood still... all I remember is that at one point, I was laughing so hard tears were running down my face...
more importantly, I had never seen this website.. and I know my brother hadn't seen it until I sent it to him... Yet, some of the entries seemed oddly familiar... I'm just saying..
the website is a compilation of emails mothers have sent to their children.. then, their children totally sell them out by submitting them to this site.. and it's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.. no doubt..
so, if you have time to kill, and there's no one around to see you collapse into ugly, convulsing laughter, check out http://www.postcardsfromyomomma.com/.. you won't regret it.. I'll look forward to looking for your own personal entries on the site... ; )

Here's an example of one of the emails (the first part is written by the person submitting it):

(Backstory: I am the youngest of 4 children, my mother was terrified for me to leave home and live on my own. I finally found a roommate and a place we could afford, this was her answer to my email informing her of our plans. The funny part is, we aren’t immigrants…)

Grumble,,….grumble,…. You don’t know this girl very well….she could leave you stranded with a lease……she could stab you while you sleep…..she could pour boiling hot coffee on you at breakfast…….valley park??? It floods there!!!! There are bugs there!!!!! They don’t rent to immigrants like you!!!!

1 comment:

Weishuhn Family said...

Hey Old Friend! How have you been? Ginger sent me the link to her new blog and so of course I saw your link on her blog site and I had to check it out. Your boys have grown so much since the last time I saw them. They are so handsome. Since Ginger started a blog I decided to do one too, here is the link in case you are interested in what is going on in West Texas....We need to get together sometime. We don't get to Austin much but we go to Giddings often since Brady's sister leaves there. Anyway here is the link..http://weishuhnfamily.blogspot.com/

Take Care and tell Troy hello

Stephanie