Monday, July 14, 2008

Taggert & his fauxhawk..

Taggert had been talking about wanting a fauxhawk for awhile.. Troy was against it, but I finally convinced him that it would be fine, just for the summer.. this weekend Troy took the boys to get haircuts, and Taggert came strutting in the house with his new hairdo afterwards..
It was mighty cute.. and this morning, he jumped out of bed, got dressed & ran into our bathroom so I could fix his hair.. a little mousse, a lot of hairspray & a blowdryer helped us get it just "so"..
I had to sell spirit wear at the Teravista Elementary ribbon cutting tonight, so Troy picked up the boys from school. When he got Taggert, his hair was flat, and he was asking to wear a hat when the went to eat.. apparently, a couple of the kids at camp had teased him for his new hairdo- calling him a "dork", an "idiot", saying it was too big or too small.. one kid even punched him while making fun of his hair.. for my tenderhearted 2nd grader, this was a bit much..
When I got home, Troy & I tried to convince him that what these kids said didn't matter, that they were just jealous & that their parents hadn't taught them good manners.. but heck, we've all been there at one time or another, and no matter what your parents said, it still stung.. it's just crazy how much more it stings you when it's your own little one.. I'm going to have to learn to toughen up if I'm going to try and master this Mom stuff..
I think he's done with the fauxhawk.. if I can get him to wear it again, I'll be sure to take some pictures- it's too precious for words..

2 comments:

Boyz3Mommy said...

Um. Excuse me. I need names and addresses so I can beat them up. You might not be able to...well, because you are the mommy. But I sure can. Turds.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hammer those kids too.

Tag looks great and he has a hook-up at jungle java.

Noah and Coop are ready for battle, they support thier bud.

Gregg